05 August 2007

Random Pictures

I don't have much to say right now, but I do have some pictures to post.Veggies from our garden. We've had tomatoes and peppers for almost every meal since we've been back from vacation. Friends of ours gave us some squash, so tonight we'll have squash, tomatoes, green beans, and peppers with our steaks (I love sales).
And here's a finished project. I made this yesterday. It's from Last Minute Knitted Gifts Joelle Hoverson. I knit this sweater in sock yarn left over from the Pawleys Island Blues Socks.
It's the miniature sweater and it took me about 2 hours from start to finish. The boys want each want one. It was fun to knit and I have lots of dribs and drabs of yarn so I can make more. I'll probably add their initials to the little sweaters too. This way the Wiz can have his pink sweater and no one has to know!

Oh, and I did change the sweater that I knit for me. I added two rows of single crochet to the bottom hem, because a rolled hem on a sweater that hits you at the hip is NOT FLATTERING. I realize that I have hips and apparently most women don't (otherwise I'd find pants that fit, right?), so I fixed the hem by adding two rows of single crochet. I like the more finished hem, any way. Here's a view of that:
I think that it really finishes up the shell/vest. I'm so glad that I decided to teach myself how to crochet a little in May when I was bored out of my mind (hint: bright pink cast!).

Tomorrow we have an adventure planned. Stay tuned!

No comments: